Sunday, April 15, 2012

National Lampoon's Drive to VEGAS!

Roy, Jimmy and I hit the road following our SLC event (Allie headed back to DC). We joked about our cross country trip and we all got started talking about our love for National Lampoon movies, hence the title of this blog. Since we had such a great turnout for the SLC Meet & Greet we ran a bit over schedule and had to scratch our trip to the Grand Canyons. Good news is we weren't going to be driving late into the night and I had time to catch up on some much needed sleep and a morning gym session. We stayed in Utah Monday night and the Tuesday morning we did a tour of the Tuacahn Canyon's and Amphitheater. The pictures below don't even do this area in Ivin, UT justice. It was quite incredible to see the massive size of these canyons up close and personal, I stole some red rock too...shhh don't tell =)

While on our drive to Vegas we were able to go into the Valley of Fire State Park, which is a 26 mile wide state park full of mountain climbers, cyclists, tourists from all over (including MA!) and crazy people like us rolling down the hills in a big blue bus! I did a little rock climbing to get some touristy pictures and realized I better not get too crazy because I was only wearing Jack Rogers, don't worry pictures are below.

We got to Vegas early in the afternoon Tuesday and I 100% took advantage of the full internet access and was able to get a lot of work done to prepare for our big kickoff rally in Vegas. The deal with our event was that we teamed up with the local chamber of commerce and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority to host an event that recognized employees who have performed excellent customer service. Since the event was going to be heavily attended, U.S. Travel thought it'd be a great opportunity to have that as their "kick off rally." The event was Thursday morning but there was lots to be done between Tuesday and Thursday.

Wednesday we did B-roll of the city and took tons of pictures down the strip. Then we headed over to the Cashman Convention Center to do a run through of the next morning's big rally. Since we were actually brining the bus into the convention center it was a necessary rehearsal and all went well. After that our team gathered for a couple of drinks and dinner, it was so nice to have a real meal. I was hoping to meet up with an old family friend, who now lives in Vegas and works at one of the clubs but I had an early wake-up call (4:30AM) and just wasn't going to put myself through that... next time I visit Vegas I will make sure it's for leisure!

Pictures below of our travel to Vegas and then some of the beauty shots we got! For the days I am not updating this blog you can always visit the Vote Travel blog which I am writing for: http://votetravel.org/from-the-road/.


Forgot to mention I got my glasses fixed at a Wal-Mart =)
View from my hotel last Tuesday morning.
Tuacahn Canyon
Me inside Tuacahn Canyon (stealing some red rocks...)
Casually rock climbing in Valley of Fire State Park.
Posing on some red rocks.
I was just being artsy with some Instagram.
The bus inside the Valley of Fire State Park.
The bus in Vegas, outside the Golden Nugget.
Rolling down the "Old Vegas"



No comments:

Post a Comment